13 September 2011

Golden Lion

Another pub I've never been in as it's on the Alresford Road on the way out of Winchester is the Golden Lion. The pub was covered in flowers and looked beautiful, and when I 'googled' them I discovered they are multiple winners of the Winchester in Bloom competition, and it looks like they're having another go this year..they'd certainly get my vote. The pub was built in 1932 to serve the local area. The original Golden Lion pub was in Jewry Street on the current site of Brasserie Blanc

**I'm away with work at the moment, for my nearest location see: This is Belgium **

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god, what is it you do? Almost every week you're away? lol I do love your blog however :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers indeed - certainly award deserving!
    Regards from EAGAN daily photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that every pot is dotted with beautiful blooms. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. International jet setter that's me! I only ever get to go to Brussels for work though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of many things I love about England is all the colorful flower baskets!:)

    ReplyDelete