03 June 2011

Black Boy

Just around the the corner from the Black Rat Restaurant is the Black Boy Pub. The building has been on this site since 1750 and has been a pub for the last 200 years. The pub has a very unique interior with different rooms with collections of stuffed animals, spindles, pipes, jars of weird things, knick knacks and general odd stuff on display. It's one of the most popular pubs in Winchester and was recently reviewed in the Telegraph newspaper


I am away for the weekend so sorry if I don't respond to any comments straight away

5 comments:

  1. Great photos and article, sounds like a place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very favourite pub in Winchester! I loved it there, there was so much to look at. You could never be bored, even if you were with someone boring. The food wasn't bad either, but it got steadily more expensive over the years, and took longer to arrive. It was a good place to meet up with friends, although it could take you ten minutes to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful pub! So much character on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just this minute, I'd die for a ploughman's. Do they serve it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not eaten in there myself so can't vouch for Plougman's lunch! Jane, you're right there are lots of little rooms with interesting things to look at! Fascinating place!

    ReplyDelete